Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.



Friday, April 30, 2010

GOD KNOWS BEST!!!

My family has,for many years, been praying that my dad would get the job he has been appling for on an oil rig (a ship that drills for oil in the ocean). He has a friend who workes out there and was trying to help him get hired. But everytime it looked like he might get the job soon, something happened and he didn't. The company then sold out to another one and he tried again but they weren't hiring.

The other day while watching the news we saw that the oil rig my dad has been trying to get on blew up in the ocean, some people (I think 11) died and many were hurt.
It's very easy sometimes, when we don't get what we want or what we think is best,to question God or complain. I know I have, I thought it was best for my dad to get the job, but God knew better. If my dad had been on there when it blew up he could have possibly been killed. God sometimes protects people by saying "no" or "wait".

I wanted to share this story with you, but more as a reminder to myself. When I pray I need to ask God's will and not tell Him my own. HE KNOWS BEST :)

5 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel,
    Thank you so, so, much for sharing that! It was such a blessing! I will always try to remember that so that next time God tells me "No" on something I wanted, I will be able to accept knowing that God does know what is best. God bless you! Love, Miss Purity

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome!! Glad it has helped you. I had hoped it would bless someone :) God bless you too. Love,Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post, Rachel! Thanks for posting! We've been going through alot of changes recently and sometimes it's hard to remember that whatever happens- it's because God wanted it to.

    Have a good weekend!

    ~Janai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janai!
    I'll be praying for you. You too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very encouraging! It reminds us that His will always exceeds ours!

    ReplyDelete